Are you looking for a strategy on how to grow a coaching business? Are you seeking ways to expand your reach and bring on more clients? And are you focusing on the right things to grow it?
In this video I am going to reveal the 3 Phases of Coaching Business Growth, and exactly what you should focus on to move to the next level.
How to Grow a Coaching Business: 3 Phases
If you try to jump a stage, or skip a stage, chaos and overwhelm can happen, so it’s important to know where you are at this moment.
So let’s talk about the 3 stages of business growth for coaches.
1. Emerge: 1-on-1 coaching clients. Focus is on getting clients.
- Free sessions
- Confidence building
Challenges: An ocean of other coaches, need to find ways to separate yourself.
Milestones: Realizing you have value to offer, starting to identify top issues your clients bring to you.
2. Build: Starting to realize you have a lot of expertise and knowledge base, and you want to leverage it.
- Start gathering all your coaching tools and resources
- Building your coaching toolbox
- Building a mailing list
- Marketing to an audience or groups
- Recording any repeatable teachings
- Creating your coaching program
- Starting a small group program
Challenges: Have to find time to create your coaching program, fill it, and deliver it, while still working with clients 1-on-1. That’s why I love the idea of creating your coaching program and running it with 1 client first.
Milestones: Have your first coaching program and realize that you never have to teach the same content again, and can simply send it to clients. Hiring your first VA.
- Create group programs, courses, mastermind groups, memberships, academy, and other scalable program
- 1-on-1 coaching becomes a premium service.
- Having a system that allows you to manage all your programs, clients, and content.
- Hiring a few more people for your team (not just a VA, but people who can actually help you grow your business and support your clients, a coaching team).
Challenges: Scaling usually comes with more complexity, getting busier, and having a lot of moving pieces to manage, so the thought of more clients feels like it might create a lot of chaos and overwhelm in your life. So you need a team.
Milestones: Disrupting the connection between time and money. Realizing what your biggest strengths are, and what your role is, and delegating the rest to your team.
Whether you are in the Emerging Coach, Business Builder, or in a Scaling stage, Coaching Genie can help you get organized and build a dynamic coaching portal that will grow with your business.
If you’re not using Coaching Genie yet, watch the free demo to see how it can supercharge your coaching programs! It’s very easy to use, you can set up your first group in just a few minutes, and it will become your go-to platform for delivering your coaching content, programs, and courses!
Milana is an entrepreneur, business strategist, and marketing mentor to coaches, authors, and speakers. She is the author of two books, “Coaching Millions” and “Simplicity Entrepreneurship”, the creator of telesummit. She is also the creator of Coaching Genie, an online platform for designing and delivering coaching programs with ease. She came from Soviet Ukraine almost three decades ago as a classical musician with zero knowledge of the business world and has since built multiple six and seven-figure businesses. Today she’s passionate about showing entrepreneurs how to use simplicity as a growth strategy. Goodbye complexity and overwhelm. Hello, simplicity, profits, and ease.